1,001 Dark Nights
ARE THRILLED TO ANNOUNCE
THE READERS ON THE RIVER EVENT!
*The lineup is subject to change at any time.
When is it?
September 28 & 29, 2018
Where is it?
LOUISVILLE MARRIOTT DOWNTOWN | 280 West Jefferson Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40202
What is it?
A two-day reader event filled with panels and parties, a special plated luncheon with J.R. Ward, a signing with all attending authors, a 1,001 Dark Nights Sparkler, swag and surprises!
TICKET COST: $149 (There will be an additional Eventbrite processing fee of $9.19—the total cost per ticket is $158.19.)
- Each ticket holder will receive a branded tote bag containing one signed J.R. Ward title, one 1001 Dark Nights title, various author/event swag, and an exclusive event laminated badge (that grants them entry to ALL ROR18 events) at registration.
- EACH TICKET IS ALL-INCLUSIVE – MEANING, THE COST OF THE TICKET INCLUDES ALL ROR EVENTS LISTED IN THE SCHEDULE.
*NOTE: TICKETS FOR READERS ON THE RIVER 2018
ARE SOLD OUT.
We are currently re-selling tickets to those people on our waitlist.
You can join the waitlist here: https://readersontheriver2018.eventbrite.com
We are offering a waitlist as an option for those of you who may not have a chance to secure a ticket for ROR 2018. In the event that someone who previously purchased event tickets are no longer able to attend, we will then resell those tickets to people on the waitlist, in the order in which they signed up.
TO SIGN UP:
- You’ll put your full name and email address to be placed on the waitlist.
- Unfortunately, you will not have any way to see where you are in "line", however as more tickets become available, we will contact you via email to let you know if we can fulfill your ticket request once we've reached your spot on the list.
- Each entry on the waitlist is good for TWO tickets (though you don’t have to purchase two--we wanted to give everyone the option).
- If you get contacted via email, you will have 48 hours to complete purchase, or we will move to the next person in line.
*This is subject to change at any time.
- Opening Keynote: J.R. Ward interviewed by Christopher Rice
- Sparkler event featuring the 1,001 Dark Nights authors. This is an event that 1001 Dark Nights has become known for – and it’s super fun. Each attendee will receive a cranberry champagne sparkler when they arrive (or a non-alcoholic lemonade J ), and be given a fun questionnaire listing one question and all of the author names. The goal is to visit each author and write down their answer to your question. After the event, we’ll draw one winner who’ll receive a $100 Visa gift card. The questions are ice-breakers – and the goal is for each attendee to get a little time with each author – in a fun and interactive way!
- Mix & Mingle cocktail party (which will have a cash bar & DJ!)
- Coffee & Cupcake social for attendees to kick off the day!
- 3 hours of panel programming featuring the 1,001 Dark Nights authors & special guests
- A reader Q&A session with author J.R. Ward + plated luncheon for attendees! *All authors will be in attendance for this event, and attendees will be given a chance to win a seat at an author table of their choice! (See below for more info about the table lottery during the plated luncheon.)
- Book Signing featuring all attending authors. **NOTE: There will be a 5-book/item limit per table visit for EACH author. Attendees will be able to visit each author as many times as time (and lining up) permits, however the 5-book/item limit will apply with each visit. (See below for special instructions for J.R. Ward.)
- After party event featuring an 80's cover band, photo booth, and more! *There is no “dress code”; you can come dressed in 80’s garb, or come as you are. We want everyone comfortable and ready to have a good time!
About the table lottery:
Our plated luncheon on Saturday will have banquet-style seating, so we are giving attendees an opportunity to sit with the author of their choice (at that author's table)!
Because there are more attendees than there are spots at each author's table, we will be using a lottery system for seating assignments at the author tables. NOTE: Seating will be first-come, first-served at the non-author tables. Though don’t worry—there won’t be a bad seat in the house! If you’re familiar with J.R. Ward’s BDB events, you’ll know that she walks around the room being interactive with readers/fans.
NOTE: AUTHOR J.R. WARD WILL NOT HAVE A TABLE AT THE LUNCHEON SINCE SHE WILL BE SPEAKING/TAKING AUDIENCE QUESTIONS.
1.) YOU MUST HAVE A REGISTERED TICKET FOR READERS ON THE RIVER AT THE POINT IN WHICH YOU SUBMIT THIS FORM.
2.) YOU MAY SUBMIT FOR AS MANY AUTHOR TABLES YOU'D LIKE--YES, you can submit a form for all of them! :) Keep in mind that any duplicate entries (for the same author) will be deleted.
3.) IF YOU ARE SELECTED, IT WILL ENTITLE YOU TO *ONE* SEAT AT THAT AUTHOR'S TABLE.
NOTE: Though you will get a table announcement (if selected), the seating at the author table will be unassigned. In other words, you can sit any vacant seat at that author's table.
4.) THIS IS NON-TRANSFERRABLE. This means that if you're selected, and are no longer able to attend, you cannot give your seat to another attendee. (If you're no longer able attend ROR18, we will select another person from the table lottery to fill your spot.)
We will notify those attendees who are selected via email in early 2018. (The exact date will be announced via the ROR Facebook Group.)
J.R. WARD’S APPEARANCES:
- FRIDAY - OPENING KEYNOTE (J.R. WARD WILL BE INTERVIEWED BY CHRISTOPHER RICE.)
- SATURDAY – PLATED LUNCHEON – J.R. WARD WILL TAKE FAN QUESTIONS DURING THIS EVENT.
- SATURDAY – SIGNING – J.R. WARD WILL BE PRESENT FOR THE ENTIRE SIGNING SESSION. HER LINE WILL BE TICKETED (AKA WRISTBAND); EVERY TICKET HOLDER WILL BE ENTITLED TO ONE WRISTBAND = 1 LINE VISIT. THERE’S A 5-BOOK LIMIT PER LINE VISIT (WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE TIME WILL PERMIT ONE LINE VISIT PER PERSON, SO PLAN ACCORDINGLY.) AND IN EXCITING NEWS: J.R. Ward is happy to take photos with any of you who’d like to do so. Just have your camera ready and our staff will take the picture.
- SATURDAY – J.R. Ward is also planning to attend the Saturday night party – she loves the band! - But she doesn’t want to promise that in case the signing runs super long and she’s exhausted, etc.
Join our private Facebook group for all the latest news and info!